Desperate for any Family Room Storage? Are you looking to maximize your family room space and are on the lookout for the right storage options? When it comes to storage and organization at home, a mix of different types of storage is needed. These units offer functionality while also blending in with the rest of your décor—reason why today we’ll be telling you about family room storage.
A living room shouldn’t look like a war zone with clutter and mess everywhere, but, especially if you have children at home, keeping an organized family room isn’t always easy. And whether you have a small space or an ample space, you should always look for furniture pieces that work for your specific needs.
And with so many options, it can become quite challenging knowing what to choose. So we are here to help and point you in the right direction by showing you some of the best family room storage and more essential tips so you can make your family room your favorite room.
Family Room Storage
This attractive ottoman is extra strong and durable and features a beautiful stitched exterior and large storage interior.
Whether you use this ottoman in your entryway, living room, family room, basement or bedroom, it will allow you to hide away all that mess.
The Avalon Large Rectangular Storage Ottoman Bench is made from durable Tanners Brown Faux Leather and is the answer to all your needs.
- Faux Leather
This bookshelf not only a bookcase but also an industrial shelving unit, display rack, ladder shelf, plant stand, and storage organizer.
The open shelves design maximizes the open space feel. The 5-layer of spacious MDF board offers a large storage area for your multiple items, books, family photos, CDs, decorations, potted plants, toys, models, and more.
The vintage bookshelf is classic and straightforward. It will complement your living room, office, bookstore, library, etc., adding individual character and aesthetic feeling for space.
- Large storage capacity
TThis console’sadded height and style make it a perfect fit for any room in your house, whether it be for entertaining, dining, or decorative purposes. Crafted from high-grade MDF, this entertainment center accommodates most TVs up to 55 inches.
Features adjustable shelves behind glass-paned doors to provide ample storage space for media components or decorative accessories.
Includes two multi-functional storage drawers and a spacious bottom shelf. This TV stand gives a stylish update to your living room, entryway, or kitchen in a transitional style.
- Engineered Wood
- 2 adjustable shelves
Wall Mount Solid Pine Wood Floating Shelves comes with four metal brackets, two boards, screws and wall anchors. They are making it easy and effortless to set the bookshelf up in few minutes.
Each tier is independent; you can assemble them in compact or separated conditions. It is also ideal for a small apartment with lots of stuff to display, making your items in place.
Design of Floating Shelves Wall Mounted with towel rack, and hooks create additional storage space to organize your items.
- Wall Mount
- Wood, Metal
L-shape reversible modular sofa and chaise can be easily converted into a sofa, a lounger chair, as well as a full sized bed. The interchangeable chaise can be arranged on the left or right side, allowing you to easily customize depending on the configuration of your room.
Built on a solid eucalypt wood frame, fill 100% new sponge ensuring best durability in daily use and the overall average load-bearing capacity of 770 lbs.
The seat height conforms to the human body mechanics. The well-padded and improved thickening seat cushion with skin-friendly linen-cotton fabric ensures a high level of seating comfort, both comfortable and durable.
- With arms
- High-quality Steel Frame
How can I increase Family Room storage in my small space?
- Use a mix of open shelving and cabinet styles to create a display unit that is flexible enough to hide the things you don’t want on show.
- Also, make sure your shelving is deep enough to store your belongings but narrow enough that it doesn’t compromise your precious square footage.
- Don’t be afraid to play with proportion, either. Often one gorgeous large-scale piece will have more wow-factor and make a compact living space feel more extensive and more luxurious than cluttering it with loads of smaller items.
- Look for pieces specifically designed for compact living, such as coffee tables with lifting tops that allow you to eat dinner or work from home with ease, to clever footstools with built-in storage and even pull-out guest beds; you can make sure your small living room is tailored to your lifestyle.
Common Questions Regarding Family Room Storage
How do I add storage to my living room?
Invest in an Entertainment Center
If you’re limited on space in your living room, it’s a good idea to utilize furniture that can serve multiple purposes. Entertainment centers are a great example of this. Not only is this versatile piece of furniture a place where you can set up your TV, cable box, DVD or Blu-Ray player, and gaming consoles, but it can also be used to display decorative items and store books, magazines, DVDs, remotes, toys, pillows, blankets, and more.
Repurpose a Dresser as a TV Stand
Another option if you don’t want to invest in an entertainment center is to repurpose a dresser. Dressers take up less space while still providing more living room storage.
Add Storage with a Stylish Hutch
With a living room storage cabinet like a hutch, you can keep blankets, books, games, and toys neatly organized and out of the way. Having a hutch can also be a lifesaver when you have guests coming over.
Opt for a Two-Tier Coffee Table
Maximize storage with a coffee table that has a lower-level tier. While this space can be used for decoration, it’s also an ideal place to store books, board games, photo albums, and other small items.
Add Surfaces with a Nesting Coffee Table
A nesting coffee table is a versatile piece for small living rooms, and it’s especially great for families.
Find End Tables with Storage Space
You can use lift-top end tables, end tables with drawers, or end tables with shelves for additional living room organization. They’re great for storing remotes, chargers, books, magazines, and more.
Utilize a Bookshelf as an End Table
Instead of the traditional end table for your family room, go with a slender bookcase that can store and display books, magazines, photo albums, knick-knacks, toys, potted plants, and more.
Turn a Bar Cart into Portable Storage
Whether you need an end table while you’re watching TV, a place to store a record collection, a bar for entertaining guests, or a corner bookshelf, a bar cart is the transitional storage piece every living room needs.
Can you put a wardrobe in the living room?
Wardrobes are big pieces of furniture, but they can also be real workhorses in an apartment that lacks closet space. Beyond the bedroom, they can provide much-needed storage in living rooms, dining rooms, entryways, and more. May opt to utilize a wardrobe-style cabinet for living room storage.
Where do you store throw blankets in a living room?
There are different ways to do this; a few ideas include:
- Folded in a box under the bed
- On a shelf in the linen closet
- In a basket near the couch
- Inside a storage ottoman
- Draped over a decorative ladder
What should I put on my living room shelf?
- Plants, plants, and more plants. Plants are a fantastic way to add ‘life’ to your rooms, plus they are always on-trend.
- Look for fun woven baskets, wooden prayers beads, and little boxes to add texture to your shelves.
- Candleholders. You can go for traditional candle holders or quirky fun ones. They are a great addition to any shelf design, no matter your design preference.
- Books are another great option; you can either keep them color cohesive or not; have fun with it.
- Vases. You don’t have to use vases only when you have something to fill them with. Sometimes an empty vase is even better than having flowered.
- Pictures, candles and art prints, and photos.
- Risers. Risers are a great way to add depth to your shelf décor. They are also great for layering.
Read: Laundry Room Shelving