Are you looking for the Best Heavy Duty Plastic Shelving options to maximize your space and are on the lookout for the right heavy-duty shelving option? When it comes to storage and organization, heavy duty plastic shelving offers functionality for any home, office, or school space. The reason why today we’ll be telling you about some of the best heavy duty plastic shelving.
Heavy duty plastic shelving can be the perfect way to organize and protect your stuff. But plastic shelving doesn’t only offers to store your items, it can do that while giving a sense of much needed organization. And it can also become an item that works with the rest of your décor.
Whether you’re organizing work and expense files or storing household supplies, ensuring quality is also crucial. And with so many options, it can become challenging to make the right choice. So we are here to help and point you in the right direction by showing you some of the best heavy duty plastic shelving options for all your storage needs.
Best Heavy Duty Plastic Shelving Options
Adding shelving is one of the simplest ways to organize and declutter even the most limited spaces, protect your items from damp floors, and more. Maximize your storage space with these interlocking 5 tier shelving units.
The heavy-duty shelves hold up to 150 lbs each for a total storage capacity of 750 lbs, with nested legs and anchor holes for added support and security.
Ventilation holes in the shelves allow air to flow freely around your items, preventing moisture build-up even in damp spaces like basements or garages.
- Durable Material
- Designed For Safety
- Multipurpose Organization
5 Tier 18″ x 36″ x 72″ Heavy-Duty Ventilated Plastic Shelving Unit for all of your storage and organizational needs. This is a Plastic Shelf that is easy to assemble in minutes, with no tools are needed.
This shelf is made up of over 75% recycled materials with minimal packaging to protect our environment.
Each shelf holds up to 150lbs. when evenly distributed across the shelf. Heavy-Duty Plastic.150 lbs. per Shelf (68 kilos), evenly distributed Assembled Dimensions 18″x36″72″(Metric – 45.72cm x 91.44cm x 182.88cm).
- Made up of 75% + Recycled Materials
- Organize your Garage or Storage Area
- Ventilated for additional strength
Suitable for domestic and commercial use including garages, sheds, utility rooms, offices, workshops, shops, and general use around the home.
Robust construction with sturdy rubber feet and a maximum load capacity of 60lbs per shelf.
Made from durable yet lightweight plastic with sturdy rubber feet. Just wipe down to keep shelving in peak condition.
- Easy clean
- Multiple-use storage
- Robust construction
Designed for a wide variety of applications and working environments to include garage, office, workshop, warehouse, office, home/kitchen, and more.
Features durable injection-molded polypropylene shelves that are easy to clean, will not dent, resist rust and stains.
Aluminum legs are easy to install and will not rust. A push handle on each side provides versatility. Built-in side rails on each shelf to prevent the load from rolling or sliding off.
- Built-in side rails
- Aluminum legs
Common Questions About the Best Heavy Duty Plastic Shelving
What are the advantages of shelving?
Shelving helps you organize things precisely and provides ample space to store things in their appropriate place, from books to other heavy industrial products. Many different types of shelves are available, like wood, plastic, and metal shelves.
Where should you store heavy items on a shelf?
When stocking a storage shelf, put heavy items on the bottom, and use the top shelf for things needed on an infrequent basis, such as Christmas decorations.
How do you stabilize plastic shelves?
You can do this by adding casters to your plastic shelving unit:
- Add boards to base. Do not cover up the holes for the poles.
- Cut 45-degree corner boards to mount the casters. Glue and screw to other boards, and then add the wheels.
- Flip right-side-up and follow directions to put shelving together.
- Use a piece of wood to pound in the poles and shelves so that you don’t wreck the plastic.
What are the uses of shelves?
A shelf is a flat, horizontal plane used for items that are displayed or stored in a home, business, store, or elsewhere. It is raised off the floor and often anchored to a wall, supported on its shorter length sides by brackets, or otherwise anchored to cabinetry by brackets, dowels, screws, or nails.
What types of warehouse shelving are there?
- Wire shelving: One of the most popular types of shelving for warehouses or storage facilities of nearly any type, wire shelving is seen so frequently for a number of reasons, including its durability, accessibility, and its ability to resist germs and corrosion in tough environments.
- Steel shelving: Steel shelving is typically considered one of the stronger forms of warehouse shelving, and is generally relied upon to store and organize heavier things like warehouse tools, industrial power tools, and bulky parts for easy access.
- Rust-proof shelving: A lot of warehouses that have to deal with harsher climates, such as cold storage or any warehouse with a loading dock that experiences less-than-favorable weather, turns to rustproof shelving as a way to deal with these conditions and prevent their shelves, and the items stored within, from getting damaged.
What is heavy-duty plastic shelving called?
Heavy-duty plastic commercial shelving, also known as polymer shelving.
What are some of the benefits of plastic shelving?
- Plastic shelving is designed to resist corrosion and moisture damage in environments where it might get exposed to the elements or even for something like cold storage. Certain types of plastic shelves, such as NSF plastic utility shelves or MetroMax polymer shelving, are designed specifically to resist germs and can help with more sensitive items like cleaning supplies, chemicals, or even food storage.
- One of the biggest benefits of heavy-duty plastic shelving is that it is as strong as most metal shelves typically at significantly lower weights. Most plastic shelves have weight capacities comparable to those of metal shelves of similar size, with some units capable of holding as much as 2,000 pounds per unit.
- While most metal shelving units use snap-on collars to support their shelves, some plastic shelves are much easier to adjust, using mechanisms like simple levers to release the shelf’s grip.
- The smooth surfaces of plastic shelves are easy to wipe clean, and in many cases, the shelves can be washed in a ware-washer when needed.
Is plastic shelving suitable for heavy duty items?
- Commercial plastic shelving can withstand the rigors of storing bulk products in a restaurant environment.
- Plastic shelves are designed with a higher weight capacity than you might expect, and the design of the material can help you distribute weight more evenly across your shelves to help store items you might’ve thought were too heavy before.
- Plastic shelves can offer similar resilience compared to rust-proof shelving, as heavy-duty plastic allows them to stand up to the elements without the fear of rust or corrosion affecting your goods or the structural stability of the shelves themselves.
- Plastic shelves are a great and often overlooked storage solution for warehouses of any size, at any temperature, no matter what they have to store and sell.