Looking for any Bathroom Shelving Ideas over Toilet? Are you in the process of re-decorating your bathroom and are currently looking to invest in a storage solution? It sounds like you could use different bathroom shelving ideas. These units can help you transform what now probably looks like a messy space into a completely different one. The reason why we’ll be telling you all about bathroom shelving ideas over toilets.
When tidying the bathroom, it can be a real struggle to find the right spot for every single item and make it look organized, especially with small bathrooms. Over the toilet shelving ideas come to the rescue since this unused space is often wasted and forgotten.
The best part is that with shelving, you don’t need to spend a whole lot, and at the same time, you can be as creative as you want. Therefore is an economic way to combine shelving, drawers, cubbies, and more to create a storage system that meets your specific needs.
With many options available, it can become a bit overwhelming to identify precisely what you need. So we are here to help and point you in the right direction by showing you some bathroom shelving ideas over toilets and more useful tips.
Bathroom Shelving Ideas over Toilet
Supported by the floor and ceiling, you can install this bathroom holder almost anywhere. Even you have a very small space above the toilet. This furniture can help you save space and provide you with extra bathroom storage space.
The toilet rack provides spacious storage space with an open area for easy access to toilet paper, towels, shampoo, and other bathroom necessities.
The storage unit above the toilet stands on the floor with narrow feet and can be easily placed into the space behind the toilet, making use of wall space without taking up the floor area.
- 4 Shelf/Shelves
This bathroom storage uses open shelving so that you can check your supplies with one glance. The neutral color and modern design make this unit easy to coordinate with all manner of décor schemes.
3-shelf over the toilet shelf provides you additional bathroom storage, so you can store essential stuff at eye level with its maximum capacity.
You no longer have to clutter up your bathroom sink and floor, you can store what you need neatly on the rack.
- No tools required
Easy to install made of beautiful MDF with PVC and bracket sturdy enough to arrange and display your favorite small objects attaches firmly to the wall without visible support.
Floating rectangle shelves display charming showpieces, decorative items, and other prized possessions while offering functional wall storage.
Free up space maximizes space while taking up zero square feet reduces clutter and highlights décor in compact spaces provides unique shelving solutions to any style home, studio apartment, and more.
- Manufactured Wood
- Floating Shelf
Make the most of the unused space above your toilet with this Over-the-Toilet Storage. Featuring an open shelf to display accent pieces or store your common items on hand.
The two interior shelves behind closed doors keep toiletries hidden. For a clean, modern appearance, add this contemporary over-the-toilet space saver to your bathroom.
Store toilet paper, extra soaps, and washcloths behind the two cabinet doors, and display tissues, lotions, bathroom spray, or decorative items on the open shelf.
- Fits over most standard toilets
- Flat, silver handles
- Adjustable and fixed shelves
- Manufactured wood
This product is the ultimate problem solver for your bathroom clutter. This multipurpose space saver rack is absolutely a good storage option for towels, tissue and ornaments, makeup essentials.
The toilet storage rack is crafted of premium P2 particleboard and a black metal frame. It provides 4 adjustable feet and 2 sets of anti-tipping kits. Furthermore, the style fits into any location or color scheme.
- Manufactured wood
- 3 Shelf/Shelves
- Assembly Required
Rustic industrial pipe shelf in the black finish; iron pipes and reclaimed real wood composition in vintage style. Made from a quality metal pipe and pine wood.
The floating shelves are versatile, such as bathroom accessories, towel holders, bookcases, spice racks.
Suitable for bedroom, living room, laundry room, office, kitchen pantry, garage, farmhouse, basement, above the toilet.
- Wall mount
- Pipe And Solid Wood
The bamboo shelf can be placed in the hall, living room, bedroom, or kitchen. With the 3-tier storage, you can have enough space to place many kinds of stuff and make your home well-organized and tidy.
Made of 100% natural bamboo, which is durable, sturdy, and Eco-friendly. Made with good craftsmanship and each tier is constructed of bamboo slats, the rack can offer about 44 lbs total.
With its smooth surface, this bamboo organizer will not cause harm to your belongings or your children. And the shelf is moisture-proof, the surface is smooth.
- Wall mount
Common Questions Regarding Bathroom Shelving Ideas
Can you put shelves above toilet?
You certainly can! The firs step is obviously figuring out how high you want the shelves above your toilet to be hung.
A good rule of thumb is to plan on having at least 24″ between the top of the toilet tank and the bottom of your shelf. This should give you plenty of room to not hit your head, but it won’t feel awkwardly high.
Should I put cabinet above my toilet?
A bathroom cabinet should be hung approximately 2-feet or 24-inches above the top of the bathroom toilet. This recommendation is for a standard tanked toilet. Consider the following issues when choosing a height for a cabinet over any toilet type.
Taller cabinets might not fit above a toilet. There will not be enough room for the cabinet and all the people using the bathroom for some tall cabinets. When this is the case, you should downsize the cabinet. It is not worth installing a cabinet that decreases the usability of your bathroom space.
How do you install a Bathroom Shelving Ideas over Toilet?
- To mount a bathroom cabinet over a toilet, first, find the center point of the toilet. You will want to make sure that the cabinet lines up with this center.
- Next, find the studs behind your toilet. Usually, there is a stud in the wall every 16-inches. Use a stud finder or tap with your hammer to locate the studs. Mark these with a pencil or other removable marking. If you do not hit studs with your screws, the cabinet runs the risk of falling.
- Finally, using screws that are at least 2-inches long. Screw through the cabinet brace piece/pieces into the studs. The bracing piece is a solid piece of wood on the back of the cabinet designed for hanging the cabinet.
How do you secure an over-the toilet cabinet?
While not appropriate for large cabinets, drywall anchors can be used for light items such as medicine cabinets. These anchors are punched through the drywall and then spread out inside the wall. This takes the force of the cabinet and spreads it out over a large area.
What do you do with space above the toilet?
You can fill that neglected blank space with all kinds of things including beautiful artwork, lush plants, and extra storage. Check out a few popular ideas:
- Repurposed Wine Box. Add warmth to an all-white bathroom with wooden wine boxes that double as beautiful storage containers.
- Stylish Hats. Keep your favorite hats in a handy spot as you get ready for the day.
- Extra Storage. Simple wood shelves add ample storage for toilet paper, towels, and bathroom essentials. A couple of house plants bring even more life to the design.
- Themed Artwork. Maintain a cohesive look and pick artwork that goes with the theme of the space.
- Woven Wall Hanging. A pretty handmade wall hanging adds a bit of Southwest flair to this desert-inspired powder room.
- Wooden Ladder. A wood ladder adds instant charm above the toilet, offering a place to hang a hand towel and a basket to store other bathroom necessities
- Locker Basket. Stylishly maximize storage space in a small bathroom by hanging a vintage metal basket above the commode.
- Seamless Shelving. If you lack the space for a vanity, consider adding a sink that runs parallel with the toilet and extends above it with attached, built-in shelving.
- Toy Storage. Keep the kids’ favorite bathtime toys in a convenient place. Provide the perfect space to store a few toys on a small mounted shelf.
- Suspended Shelves. Give your space an airy, modern feel with a tiered open shelving unit suspended from the ceiling.
How to make sure the shelves above the toilet are safe?
- Shelves above the toilet rest on pins. That means they can easily be pulled by children with the content toppling onto them.
- If what you want are adjustable shelves, the solution would be notched shelves. They are more expensive compared to standard shelves, but they’ll be worth it as they will take your worries away.